Saturday, January 14, 2012

This is random, but something I feel I need to share. Last weekend, I was on Facebook just browsing around, and my dad asked me if I knew what happened to out mutual friend named Masa. I got on his page right away and found posts on his wall asking if he was alright and saying that they would pray for him, and then I found a post that someone had tagged him in to a group called "Pray for Masa." Masa was this young man's name. 
I looked at the page and realized that something terrible had happened, as if all the posts on his wall didn't give it away. After some investigating, I found out that Masa had suddenly collapsed from a subarachnoid hemorrhage and that doctors believed him to be brain dead but would watch his condition until they were sure. This happened Friday afternoon. Throughout the night people kept joining the Pray for Masa page, even people who had no clue who he was! It was encouraging to read posts from people all over the world, saying that they were praying for Masa from wherever they were. My dad posted that we were praying from Boston.
We went to bed on Friday night, hoping and praying for the best, but really knowing that we could only pray for God's will to be done. 
Saturday morning, we awoke to find that Masa had gone to be with the Lord, and both my dad and I, although we didn't know Masa very well, were deeply affected.
However, Masa's story - and the people who loved him - shed some light onto how much of an impact he has already made. Masa was 27, and had been living in Seattle for 6 years. He had become a Christian while in Seattle, and was obviously completely sold out for Jesus. He was a leader of JxJ, a Christian outreach group for Japanese youth in the Seattle area, and when I met him, I was awed by his joy and love that was evident even in the way he introduced himself to me.
Masa had been home in Japan with his family for a week before he collapsed.
His parents and other family are not Christians, but they were overwhelmed and very thankful that over 1500 people joined the Pray for Masa page on Facebook. They even asked Masa's pastor from Seattle to do the funeral, even though Masa's grandfather is a buddhist priest and perfectly capable of performing it.


Masa's story, and his death, got me thinking. He had such an impact, even though he may not have seen it. He was a positive influence to youth in Seattle, to people in his church and his friends. He even impacted people who he never met, or only met briefly, like me and some of my church's members who joined the Pray for Masa page and listened to his testimony on Vimeo. 
What impact have we made on God's Kingdom?


Just something I've been thinking about. Thanks for reading :)


後でお会いしましょう!
See you later!
~Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment