Friday, February 17, 2012

Hello all,


First of all, sorry about the silence on this end. Things got super busy, and I apologize for the lack of updates.
Now, to business. 
     1) I am in Japan!!! I departed from Boston, MA at 9 am on Valentine's Day (2/14) and arrived in Tokyo, Japan at 4:15 pm on Wednesday, 2/15. This morning (Thursday, 2/16) I had orientation with the Field Coordinator for Japan and another short-term missionary that is living here as well. 
     2) It looks like things aren't quite set up for me to be heading up north, so for now I will work on my Japanese (which very much needs working on) and help out around the house I am living in right now.


In my devotions recently I've been reading a lot about putting all of my trust in God and not other things. It's been a really good reminder to me because this whole trip is based on trusting Him. None of it could have happened without Him, and He definitely made it happen. I mean, it only took about three weeks to be fully supported. That is a total God thing. Trusting Him is something I've had to do recently, and it has been such a wonderful learning experience. 
I just read Psalm 56:3-4 yesterday. It says, 
  "When I am afraid, 
        I will trust in you. 
   In God, whose word I praise, 
        in God I trust; I will not be afraid. 
        What can mortal man do to me?"
This verse is such an encouragement to me. it reminds me that God is with me every step of the way and I need to and can trust Him completely with no doubts about whether He will help me in any time of need.

I'm off to bed now. Having a trash orientation in the morning to make sure I don't mess up and have our trash returned to us!



後でお会いしましょう!
See you later!
~Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment